More About Us
Buying Local Foods |
Read About Us in the News
June 1989: Opening of Lucky 32 in Greensboro
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is privately held, and it is operated by Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, led by Dennis Quaintance and Nancy King Quaintance. Dennis and Mike Weaver formed Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants in April of 1988 and opened their first restaurant in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1989 called Lucky 32. They started the company because they are good friends and wanted to be in business together, and because they believe that providing the services embodied in our mission will result in a successful company.
Dennis and Mike are partners. Dennis plays point with the operations of Quaintance-Weaver and Mike contributes in all matters. Mike is also the Chairman of Weaver Investment Company and does a lot of volunteer work. The company has evolved over the years to become Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels and since its inception has opened more restaurants (Lucky 32 in Cary, and the Green Valley Grill in Greensboro) and the O.Henry Hotel. The Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro opened in 2007. They plan to continue to grow within the Carolinas regional area, opening other restaurants and hotels.
About Executive Chef Jay Pierce
Jay Pierce arrived as Executive Chef of Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen in Cary and Greensboro in November 2006. Lucky 32 has been a fixture of Greensboro’s dining scene since 1989 and Cary since 2002. After stints in Emeril Lagasse’s kitchens in New Orleans and Orlando, Jay brought Lucky's recipes and pantry home by taking a turn south. He set about reconnecting Lucky’s food with our collective past and enlivening it with as many locally sourced ingredients as he can get his hands on. Jay motors between the two restaurants in his restored Veggie London Taxi chauffeuring fresh local goodies while throwing his shoulder to respecting traditional Piedmont foodways and re-imagining Southern cuisine in general, with respect to the ever-evolving modern palate. You can follow him on his blog at www.lucky32southernkitchen.com and on Twitter @L32SK.
Keep up with us via our Neighorhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed one or two times each year. Sign up to receive it.
See recent copies online: Fall 2012, Holiday 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Summer 2008, Fall 2007, Summer 2007, Autumn 2006, Autumn 2005, Summer 2005, Autumn 2004, Spring 2004, Winter 2004, Autumn 2003, Summer 2003, Winter 2003, Autumn 2002, Spring 2002, Winter 2002, Early Autumn 2001, Late Spring 2001, Spring 2001, Winter 2001, Autumn 2000, Early Summer 2000, Autumn 1999, Spring 1999, Summer 1998, Winter 1997
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Shareholders, and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a clean, comfortable restaurant (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) justify the investment, b) afford compensation to those who contribute, and c) allow the company to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices, in our social & physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Let's all behave in ways consistent with these ideas.
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408