- 3 – 3oz Beef Tenderloin Medallions per serving
- 1 tbsp Butter or Oil per serving
- Salt and Pepper or favorite steak seasoning
- 3 oz Wine Reduction Sauce
Heat butter or oil in sauté pan, season beef on both side with salt and pepper or seasoning mix. Sauté to desired doneness. Place on plate, pour sauce over beef.
RED WINE REDUCTION SAUCE
- ¼ cup Shallots – minced
- ½ cup Red Wine
- (Cooking Burgundy or what ever is left in bottle from previous occasion that is still wine and not vinegar)
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- ¾ cup Demi Glace (think you can buy at gourmet food stores) (or check cook books for recipe)
- 2/3 cup Mushrooms (we use Cremini)
- ½ tsp Fresh Thyme or ¼ of dried thyme
Add shallots, red wine, balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper to a saucepot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until mixture is reduced by half (about 20 mins). Remove bay leaf and add mushrooms and demi-glace sauce. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Disclaimer: All our recipes were originally designed for much larger batch size. This recipe has been reduced – but not tested at this scale. Please adjust as to your taste and portion size.
© 1989-2017. This recipe is the property of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants, LLC. Unauthorized commercial use is forbidden.