Spicy Cheddar Rounds
- 4 ½ oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 tbsp Reggiano Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Flake Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper – Ground
- ¼ lb Unsalted Butter
Pre-heat convection oven to 350 degrees. Combine first six ingredients in mixing bowl. Toss to coat cheese with flour. Add cheese mixture to food processor & process until mixture is smooth – but try not to over mix.
Rounds can be made by either by:
- Portion mixture onto plastic wrap and twist ends to secure. Snip one end off and drop into pastry bag. Pipe 1” diameter rounds onto prepared sheet pan.
- Forming a log, wrapping in wax paper and chilling or freezing the dough. Then simply cutting slices to bake.
Bake for 14 minutes (do not over bake). Cool.
Makes: 2 Dozen
Disclaimer: All our recipes were originally designed for much larger batch size. This recipe has been reduced – but not tested at this scale. Please adjust as to your taste and portion size.
© 1989-2017. This recipe is the property of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants, LLC. Unauthorized commercial use is forbidden.