Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 tsp Shallots (minced)
- 6 oz sliced Portabella Mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 tsp chopped Fresh Lemon Thyme
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- ½ cup Demiglace or Rich Brown Sauce (can be purchased in specialty food stores)
Heat the butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté’ until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté’ until soft and liquid has evaporated. Add all other ingredients and continue cooking for ten more minutes, until sauce begins to thicken and is well blended.
Disclaimer: All our recipes were originally designed for much larger batch size. This recipe has been reduced – but not tested at this scale. Please adjust as to your taste and portion size.
© 1989-2017. This recipe is the property of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants, LLC. Unauthorized commercial use is forbidden.