Racial injustice persists. We, the people of QW, stand for racial justice.
QW Fairness Doctrine
QW FAIRNESS DOCTRINE…
Because some groups have not, and are not, always treated fairly, we will proactively reach out to such communities by:
- Being extraordinarily committed to our “Fairness” and “Diversity & Inclusion” programs with the objective of being a role model for other organizations.
- Focusing much of our underwriting and sponsorship efforts to the African American, Latinx, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer and/or Questioning (LGBTQ) communities, plus other such groups.
- Working with refugee communities when we have employment opportunities.
- Looking for opportunities to employ people with different abilities.
- Encouraging a merit-based culture that seeks opportunities for women, minorities, the LGBTQ community and other such groups.
QW Zero Tolerance Policy
Our Zero Tolerance Policy includes all of the following areas:
Discrimination or harassment for any “off-purpose” reason, but with particular emphasis on discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, and military or veteran status. These protections extend to all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, learning programs, advancement, compensation, scheduling and discipline actions.
Harassment under this policy includes any inappropriate behavior that makes one uncomfortable as a participant or an observer. Some examples are unnecessary touching, massaging, sexual innuendo, crude jokes about gender-specific traits, and graphic or suggestive comments about an individual’s body or dress. These are only a few examples (not all) of things that could be considered sexual harassment.
We will terminate and pursue prosecution with anyone who chooses to steal.
Use of Alcohol/Drug And Alcohol Policy
QW is a drug-free work place. Therefore, we conduct “post-accident,” “for cause” and random drug and alcohol testing. A complete copy of QW’s Drug and Alcohol Policy is provided to all staff members upon employment, and is available at www.qwpeople.com.
We have a zero tolerance for bigotry, sexual harassment, theft and substance abuse. We promise that we will not hold it against you for reporting concerns about bigotry or sexual harassment including if you report something about your supervisor. Please confidentially report any of the above to our People Department or to Dennis Quaintance. Both can be reached at 336-370-0966.