Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- 1 prepared deep dish graham cracker crust
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cups Sweet Potato Butter (see below)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
Press crust into a springform pan and chill. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, alternating with additions of sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Fold in sweet potato butter and yogurt. Pour mixture into crust and bake in a water bath for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and chill before unmolding.
Makes 1 cake.
Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/3 sugar
- 3/4 sup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sorghum molasses
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and mix well. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour; stirring frequently. Remove to processor and puree.
Makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/8 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
Combine crumbs, powdered milk and sugar by hand; mix well. Whisk together butter and cream. Add to the dry ingredients and toss well.
Makes 1 cup
Disclaimer: All our recipes were originally designed for much larger batch size. This recipe has been reduced – but not tested at this scale. Please adjust as to your taste and portion size.
© 1989-2018. This recipe is the property of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants, LLC. Unauthorized commercial use is forbidden.